The Math Center is a non-credit, Community Education class which provides assistance
in mathematics as a completely free service. Current Allan Hancock College students
as well as other individuals who are 18 years or older may fill out a simple registration
form and attend as frequently as they want. Registration forms may be found in the
Math Center or at Community Education in Building S.
The goal of the Math Center (sometimes called the Math Lab) is to assist students
in the successful completion of any Allan Hancock College mathematics class by providing
additional instructional resources. The Math Center offers many resources, including
one-on-one, drop-in tutoring by our staff of instructors and student tutors. Please
see the full list of resources below:
- Free, drop-in tutoring
- A place to study individually or in small groups
- In-house loan of current textbooks and solutions manuals
- A library of supplemental books and videos for check-out
- Computers for mathematical purposes
- Calculators, both in-house loans and semester rentals (View Calculator Rental Program PDF)
- Handouts on math topics, including content from various math courses as well as information
on overcoming math anxiety and preparing for and taking math tests
- Two private study rooms
- Make-up testing
Joining the math center group
Current students may access more detailed information by entering their myHancock
portal and joining the Math Center Group. Details may include information such as
the current schedule of instructors and student tutors who work in the Math Center, helpful
handouts on math topics, upcoming workshops, etc.
To join the Math Center Group:
- Enter myHancock
- Look at the center of the Home page in the box titled "My Groups." Click on "View
All Groups" at the bottom of the box.
- Click on "Groups Index"
- Click on "Departments"
- Join the Math Center Group
Building M, Room 101
Telephone: 805-922-6966 x3463
Fall and Spring Semesters:
Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Monday - Thursday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Mary Alice Majoue
Math Center Coordinator
Top of Page
Achieve success at the math center
Administration of Justice Student
"Allan Hancock is an awesome school with great instructors who have great commitment. I chose to go to school here because it is close to home. I want to finish my administration of justice degree and hopefully become a police officer."
Read More »