On Campus Professional Development
elumen 5.7 training | spring 2015
The new version of eLumen has been launched! Training will begin Mar 30 and will be ongoing
through the end of the spring semester and will be role specific. There will be two types of trainings:
- Faculty and Course/Context Coordinator Role - everyone should attend this!
- Program Coordinator Role - see specific role definition below*
Faculty and Course/Context Coordinator Role
Each assigned course instructor has immediate access to his or her course sections.
There they can select distributed assessments or create (and share) their own assessments,
and assess student work using these assessments. Faculty can access the Course Report Set with data from their assigned courses and contexts. Course/Context Coordinators can
create Action Plans or CSLOs for their course/context.
Program Coordinator Role*
A program coordinator can manage the assessment process for his or her program, including
setting up and distributing assessments to courses, and generating appropriate reports.
Program Coordinators have access to Action Plans/Course Improvement Plans, SLOs and
Assessments, Courses & Org, and Reports.
Pre-register for a session through the myHancock professional development for these Faculty/Course Coordinator
- Mon, Mar 30 – 9:30-11 am, A-403
- Tues, Mar 31 – 8-9:30 am, A-403
- Wed, Apr 8 – 2:30-4 pm, A-403
- Thurs, Apr 9 – 3-4:30 pm, A-403
- Thurs, Apr 9 – 5-6:30 pm, A-403
- Fri, Apr 10 – 9-10:30 am, A-403
- Wed, Apr 15 – 10-11:30 am, A-403
- Thurs, Apr 23 – 9-10:30 am, A-403
Program Coordinator Training:
In order to attend Program Coordinator training, you must complete these requirements:
- You must pre-register to participate, and there is limited space available for each
- You must attend a FACULTY session before the PROG COORD session – time is limited
so we will not have time to go over the FACULTY role at this session. Dates are listed
- You must be responsible for assessment in your areas or have the program coordinator
role in eLumen 4.0, not all faculty need this training. Contact me if you are unsure.
- Tues, Apr 14 - 2:30-4:30pm, A-403 (eLumen Consultant Led)
- Wed, Apr 15 - 3-4:30 pm, A-403
- Thurs, Apr 16 - 1:30-3pm, A-403
- Tues, Apr 21 - 1-2:30pm, A-403
slos & assessment training | spring 2015
Have questions about student learning outcomes or course/context assessments? Need
to update your mapping form or develop new assessments to better measure your outcomes?
These questions and more can be answered!
One-on-one SLOs and Assessment training is available, at your convenience. For information,
contact Jennie Robertson, Liz West (Academics) or Juanita Tuan (Student Services).
Top of Page
"It was so easy to start at Allan Hancock College. From the start, test instructors to my cosmetology instructors, everyone has helped me to have positive influences in my life and to be around students that are on the same track as me."
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College