On Campus Professional Development
elumen 5.7 training | spring 2015
The new version of eLumen has been launched! Training will be ongoing through the end of the
spring semester and will be role specific. There will be two types of trainings:
- Faculty Role - everyone should attend this!
- Program Coordinator Role - see specific role definition below*
- Course/Context Coordinator - I will work with specific areas to get this training
Each assigned course instructor has immediate access to his or her course sections.
There they can select distributed assessments or create (and share) their own assessments,
and assess student work using these assessments. Faculty can access the Course Report Set with data from their assigned courses and contexts.
Program Coordinator Role*
A program coordinator can manage the assessment process for his or her program, including
setting up and distributing assessments to courses, and generating appropriate reports.
Program Coordinators have access to Action Plans/Course Improvement Plans, SLOs and
Assessments, Courses & Org, and Reports.
Course/Context Coordinator Role
Course/Context Coordinators can create Action Plans or CSLOs for their course/context.
Pre-register for a session through the myHancock professional development for these Faculty/Course Coordinator
- Thurs, Apr 23 – 9-10:30 am, A-403
- Thurs, Apr 30 - 8-9:30 am, A-403
- Thurs, Apr 30 - 10-11:30 am, A-403
- Mon, May 4 - 1:30-3 pm, A-403
Program Coordinator Training:
In order to attend Program Coordinator training, you must complete these requirements:
- You must pre-register by RSVPing to Jennie Robertson to participate, and there is limited space available for each session.
- You must attend a FACULTY session before the PROG COORD session – time is limited
so we will not have time to go over the FACULTY role at this session. Dates are listed
- You must be responsible for assessment in your areas or have the program coordinator
role in eLumen 4.0, not all faculty need this training. Contact me if you are unsure.
- Mon, May 4 - 8:30-10 am, A-403
- Wed, May 6 - 2-3:30 pm, A-403
slos & assessment training | spring 2015
Have questions about student learning outcomes or course/context assessments? Need
to update your mapping form or develop new assessments to better measure your outcomes?
These questions and more can be answered!
One-on-one SLOs and Assessment training is available, at your convenience. For information,
contact Jennie Robertson, Liz West (Academics) or Juanita Tuan (Student Services).
Top of Page
Administration of Justice Student
"I came to Allan Hancock College with no plan or goal. The friendly staff here helped me see all the opportunities that are available and helped me shape my goals. The administration of justice program inspired me to look at jobs I never thought I would find. My goal now is to transfer to a four-year university."
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College