ILO Mapping Activity, January 2009
ILO Assessment Activity, January 2009
eLumen Update - 3/23/15
- eLumen 5.7 is now available. Training is highly encouraged and will begin this week! View the training page for dates and pre-register on the professional development page on myHancock.
- Program review annual update reports from eLumen 4.0 are posted on the Program Review
Matrix through myHancock. Login to find your program's reports.
- If you have S14 or F14 data that did not get entered into eLumen, please contact Jennie
Robertson at ext. 3880 or email@example.com as soon as possible.
Where do I find eLumen?
Use your myHancock login/password to access eLumen. All teaching faculty will have
an account. If you cannot access or need assistance, please contact Jennie Robertson at ext. 3880.
What is eLumen?
eLumen software was purchased based on faculty recommendation by the 2007-2012 Title
V HSI Grant and AHC to house student learning outcomes and assessment data. Roles are defined in eLumen to limit access and sharing. Only faculty teaching
a specific course will see their own data. All other views of data will be aggregated.
benefits of eLumen
- eLumen houses student learning outcomes for each course and can be accessed by faculty teaching the course using their myHancock
- eLumen provides insight on course strengths and weaknesses by cataloging assessments of each SLO.
- eLumen provides faculty a printed report of their status on assessing student learning outcomes which can be included in the program review annual update and eliminates the need
to prepare charts and narratives for all SLOs.
- eLumen data can be declared in an assessment (aggregate scoring) which means you only enter 3 numbers in eLumen for each learning
outcome per course you assess (note: IRP recommends data be entered student by student, but it is not mandatory.
This would allow for further drill-down into the data upon request by the faculty
for program review or other inquiry).
- eLumen data will not be used for full-time faculty evaluation.
- eLumen data will support the college’s accreditation recommendation.
- eLumen also supports the ACCJC’s accreditation requirements.
elumen UPDate & training
eLumen 5.7 is here! The interface is quite different and training is highly recommended for faculty and
program coordinators. See the training page for details.
If you have questions or would like to schedule a one-on-one eLumen training to input
data, please contact Jennie Robertson directly to make arrangements.
eLumen 'how to' documents
The help documents for eLumen are located using the "?" located on the top right when
you login to eLumen. Additional documents and videos will be coming soon!
Top of Page
"Being a Santa Maria Beauty College student at Allan Hancock College has been some of the most fun days of my life. The staff are friendly, and I'm always excited to see classmates who share the same dreams as I do and are always helpful."
Read More »