Friday, May 6, 2016
Science Night X: It's Out of This World
- Main show: We’ll have three shows at the main stage this year. It will be outside with no waiting
in line for tickets. The chemists will be in full force with some explosive talent you won’t want to miss.
We might have a few prizes as well…
- New demos: Details to come
- Optional K-12 assignment: I made a basic assignment that K-12 teachers could give out for extra credit. We
also give out proof of attendance tickets at our info booth. The assignment is available on this page.
- Less waiting/crowding: We plan to put out multiple copies of some of our most popular demos to cut down wait
times. We’ll also put more stuff outside and less items per lab inside to avoid crowding.
- More food: A BBQ fundraiser for student scholarships will again be held. Expect tri-tip sandwiches,
tacos, or both. Note: No food or drink allowed in the buildings!
- Parking: Try the gym parking lot (Lot 8). Walk north past the gym. Look for signs; listen
for the music.
- Friday Night Science is a free event and no pre-registration or sign-up is required.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Hands-on exhibits are located in the labs inside the science building.
- There are a demonstrations and experiments for all ages (5+) to enjoy!
- Most exhibits are designed specifically for students from 5th grade to HS seniors.
- Approximately 100 Hancock students will help facilitate learning at the hands-on exhibits.
- About half of the students speak Spanish and can act as translators for the hands-on
More questions? Call the Allan Hancock College STEM Center at 922-6966 ext. 3557.
This publication/event was developed with the support of a Hispanic Serving Institution
STEM & Articulation grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
Top of Page
Where Science & Fun Collide!
"It's free, it's way better than anything on television and best of all, it'll make you think," said Mick Bondello, retired professor of biology at Allan Hancock College.
Submit a Testimonial »