Blackboard - our distance learning course management system
Blackboard is a web-based Course Management System (CMS) that is used by AHC instructors.
Instructors can use Blackboard to supplement regular classroom instruction or teach
online courses. It offers a user-friendly environment where students can:
- Read announcements from the instructor
- View course information like syllabi and class notes
- Email the instructor
- Submit assigned work online
- Participate in online discussions
- Work on group projects
- Take assigned assessments online and more
- Blackboard computer and technical requirements.
- Blackboard supported browser requirements.
- How do I log into Blackboard.
- What if I am having problems logging into the myHancock portal?
- What is my user name and password for Blackboard?
- How do I reset my Blackboard login?
- What if I have problems logging into Blackboard?
- My class is not showing up on Blackboard.
- How do I contact my instructor?
- I cannot see or access my Blackboard course menu links.
- Blackboard Online Support and Video
1. Blackboard computer and technical requirements.
2. Blackboard supported browser requirements.
3. How do I log into Blackboard?
You can access Blackboard through the AHC portal at http://myhancock.hancockcollege.edu Click on the Blackboard icon and it will take you directly into Blackboard.
You can also access Blackboard directly at https://hancockcollege.blackboard.com/ and follow the log on instructions.
Note: Distance learning staff highly recommends that you go through the AHC portal as
it cuts back on log in issues.
top of page
4. What if I am having problems logging into the myHancock portal?
If you are having problems logging into the myHancock portal go to the myHancock portal
login webpage and click on the appropriate link to get help.
5. What is my user name and password for Blackboard?
If you access Blackboard through the AHC portal you will not need a username and password,
just click on the Blackboard icon and it will take you directly into Blackboard.
If you access Blackboard directly, your username is your myHancock portal username
you received when you applied at AHC and your password is as follows:
- First letter of first name
- First letter of last name
- Last five numbers of Social Security Number (i.e. ab12345) The letters must be lower
case and there are no spaces.
top of page
6. How do I reset my Blackboard login?
Blackboard enrollments are done automatically so you will not be able to change your
username or password.
7. What if I have problems logging into Blackboard?
Most of the college's online courses use Blackboard as their online delivery and you
should be able to access Blackboard the first day of classes. If you are unable to
login here are some possible reasons:
You recently registerd or added a class. Please be patient, it can take up to 6 hours
to get into the system.
You may have been dropped from the course. Please check your class schedule on the
myHancock portal and make sure that you are offically enrolled in the course.
8. My class is not showing up on Blackboard.
Most Blackboard courses will not be visible to students until the first day of the
semester in which they are registered. Not all instructors use Blackboard so some
of your courses may not appear in your Blackboard course list. Check with your instructor
to see if they are using Blackboard.
If you recently registered for the course, you will need to allow up to 6 hours from
the time you register before Blackboard will acknowledge your enrollment. It may also
be possible the instructor has not made their course available to students. Please
contact the instructor and let them know that you are officially enrolled in their
course and their Blackboard course is not showing in your course listing.
You don't see your course in your course list - You will need to wait until your instructor
makes the course available (usually the first day of instruction). So, although you
may be able to log in to Blackboard, your courses won’t be available to you until
your instructors makes them available. Make sure your instructor is using Blackboard,
not all instructors use Blackboard.
top of page
9. How do I contact my instructor?On the AHC home page, go to the Directories link, click on the Employee Directory link and search for your instructor. You can search by name and/or department.
10. I cannot see or access my Blackboard course menu links.
This is due to a feature in Blackboard that maximizes the course site viewing area
- but makes the course navigation buttons seem to disappear. Often, students don't
even realize they have clicked on the arrow that causes this to happen and it can
be very confusing.
- For the course menu design, instructors can use text only or labeled buttons for the links.
- Open the course menu in a separate window. The detached menu always displays course
materials as a directory tree. You can expand the view to show the hierarchy of course
navigation and move the window wherever you wan
- Refresh your view
- Expand or collapse the course menu frame by moving your mouse pointer near the border
and clicking the arrow. When you collapse the course menu, you have more room on the
screen to view content.
11. Blackboard Online Support and Video
Top of Page