Blackboard - our distance learning course management system
Blackboard is a web-based Learning Management System (LMS) that is used by AHC instructors.
Instructors can use Blackboard to supplement regular classroom instruction or teach
online courses. It offers a user-friendly environment where students can:
- Read announcements from the instructor
- View course information like syllabi and class notes
- Email the instructor
- Submit assigned work online
- Participate in online discussions
- Work on group projects
- Take assigned assessments online and more
- Blackboard computer and browser requirements.
- How do I get Blackboard help?
- Getting Started in Blackboard.
- Global Navigation and My Blackboard
- How do I log into Blackboard?
- What if I am having problems logging into the myHancock portal?
- What is my user name and password for Blackboard?
- How do I reset my Blackboard login?
- Supported Browsers, Operating Systems & Plugin Requirements for Blackboard
- My class is not showing up on Blackboard.
- How do I contact my instructor?
- I cannot see or access my Blackboard course menu links.
How do I log into Blackboard?
You can access Blackboard through the AHC portal at http://myhancock.hancockcollege.edu Click on the Blackboard icon and it will take you directly into Blackboard.
You can also access Blackboard directly at http://blackboard.hancockcollege.edu and follow the log on instructions.
Note: Distance learning staff highly recommends that you go through the AHC portal as
it cuts back on log in issues.
What if I am having problems logging into the myHancock portal?
What is my user name and password for Blackboard?
If you are having problems logging into the myHancock portal go to the myHancock portal
login webpage and click on the appropriate link to get help.
If you access Blackboard through the AHC portal you will not need a username and password,
just click on the Blackboard icon and it will take you directly into Blackboard.
If you access Blackboard directly, your username is your myHancock portal username
you received when you applied at AHC and your password is as follows:
- First letter of first name
- First letter of last name
- Last five numbers of Social Security Number (i.e. ab12345) The letters must be lower
case and there are no spaces.
How do I reset my Blackboard login?
Supported Browsers, Operating Systems & Plugin Requirements for Blackboardhttp://blackboard.force.com/publickbarticleview?id=kAB700000008Oom
Blackboard enrollments are done automatically so you will not be able to change your
username or password.
My class is not showing up on Blackboard.
Most Blackboard courses will not be visible to students until the first day of the
semester in which they are registered. Not all instructors use Blackboard so some
of your courses may not appear in your Blackboard course list. Check with your instructor
to see if they are using Blackboard.
If your instructor is using Blackboard and you do not see their course listed in your
course listing, check your current schedule on the myHancock portal to be sure that
you are officially enrolled in the course. If you recently registered for the course,
you will need to allow up to 8 hours from the time you register before Blackboard
will acknowledge your enrollment. It may also be possible the instructor has not made
their course available to students. Please contact the instructor and let them know
that you are officially enrolled in their course and their Blackboard course is not
showing in your course listing.
How do I contact my instructor?
I cannot see or access my Blackboard course menu links.
On the AHC home page, go to the Directories link, click on the Employee Directory
link and search for your instructor. You can search by name and/or department.
If you can't see the Course Menu Links in your course, you may have expanded the content
area and collapsed the Course Menu. If you click on the slender bar that is located
between the course menu and the content page, it will expand the Course Menu area
making it visible again.
Top of Page
Alfredo Koch, PhD
"The Hancock program has huge potential. We have a vineyard, equipment--we just need to increase awareness. The industry is so important in California. We are the main winemaking state!"
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College