Student Learning Outcomes
Counseling Student Learning Outcomes
The Student Services Division at Allan Hancock College has identified learning outcomes
to support student programs and services. The assessment of those outcomes enables
the college to understand its effectiveness and improve student services and support
- Students are able to identify support services appropriate to their success.
- Transfer students are able to complete the appropriate application for a given university.
- Students are able to navigate online counseling resources.
- Students are able to identify barriers to their academic success.
- Students are able to identify strategies and interventions to overcome barriers to
achieving academic success.
- Transfer students are able to identify at least one university that offers their major.
- Students are able to articulate short term educational goals.
- Students are able to articulate long term educational goals.
- Students are able to develop a semester by semester academic plan.
Top of Page
Fire Academy Student
"The academy has shown me a lot more than I even suspected. It's showed me the physical demands that you need to reach and the instructors push you over the limits just so that when go to do the real thing you can achieve that. You'll push yourself and eventually reach the limits that you thought you were never capable of. You get really hands-on with all your crew and working with each of the instructors. The most valuable thing that I've learned in the academy is learning to work to your own level of excellence. Being at the college has been a great experience."
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College