A primary goal of this office is to identify and provide current career information
and resources so that you may:
- Identify and assess your interests, skills, and aptitudes/abilities
- Use assessment results to research potential career options
- Use career assessment reports for advising, academic planning and follow-up
- Research scholarship sources, schools and labor market information
The CJPC supports the personal development course offerings as well as other disciplines
requiring students to utilize the resources in the lab (i.e., English, Child Development,
and Cooperative Work Experience Education).
Additionally, career counselors are available to assist students with the development
of focused academic plans. Contact the Career/Job Placement Center at (805) 922-6966
ext. 3374 at the Santa Maria campus to schedule an appointment.
Available Career Resources
A global self-exploration and planning program that helps users of all ages achieve
their potential in school, career, and life.
- Build self-awareness
- Explore in-depth information on multiple occupations, including multimedia interviews,
workplace photos, sample career paths, job search, and much more
- Identify career matches based on interests and skills through integrated assessments
- Review personalized feedback to understand the results to future pathway
- Meet with a career counselor to assist in evaluating results
Printed Materials and Reference Works include - Dictionary of Occupational Titles, Guide for Occupational Exploration, Occupational
Outlook Handbook, Dictionary of Holland Occupational Codes, and reference and guide
books addressing related topics.
Top of Page
I want to continue my education and hope one day to obtain my Master's degree and lead my own classroom. Being in college means the world to me, but getting here was not easy. Thanks to the support of my family and close friends and overcoming my own obstacles, I am here and will continue until I meet all my goals."
Submit a Testimonial »