College Access Scholarship
College Access Foundation of California Scholarship
Applications are not currently being taken for new students. We will readvertise
when we begin taking new applicants again. Thank you.
About this scholarship
The College Access Foundation of California Scholarship is offered through the Central
Coast Cal-SOAP Consortium to aid graduating seniors who demonstrate financial need
in attaining their goal of attending a community college or university. This is the
sixth year the College Access Foundation of California Scholarship has been offered.
All graduating seniors from partnership schools are invited to apply for this award.
Scholarships are available pending grant award on an annual basis.
Amount of the scholarships are as follows:
$1,000 for students attending community/junior college
$3,000 for students attending a CSU or UC
$5,000 for students attending private or out-of-state institutions
- Must be a graduating senior from Arroyo Grande High School, Nipomo High School, Paso
Robles High School, Pioneer Valley High School, Righetti High School, Santa Maria
High School, Delta High School, Lopez High School or Liberty High School
- Minimum high school GPA of 2.0 if attending community college OR 2.8, if attending
a 4-year institution
- Must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California DREAM Act
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must complete the 2014-2015 Scholarship Application
- We recommend that you apply for a Cal Grant. Check with your counselor or the Cal Grant website.
California Dream Act
AB540 Students - Do not complete the FAFSA. Instead, you must complete the California Dream Act
application online and the AB540 Waiver (waiver must be sent to the college or university
California Dream Act
California Nonresident Tuition Exemption
- Have attended a California high school for a minimum of three years (non-consecutive
- Graduate from a California high school or pass the California High School Proficiency
Exam (CHSPE) or get a General Equivalency Diploma (GED, also called General Educational
- Enroll in an accredited California institution of higher education
We recommend that you apply for a Cal Grant. Check with your counselor or the Cal Grant website.
List of Documents for Recipients
|Student Information Survey
||Student Aid Report (SAR)
|Release of Confidential Information
|CA Dream Act Confirmation (For AB540 students only)
Contact the Cal-SOAP office for additional information.
Top of Page
Political Science Transfer
"Counseling helped me develop a Student Education Plan which organized my classes in a way to help me develop as a better student and make my course-load easier by taking courses that complemented each other. The semesters were designed for me to focus on my courses. Now I'm well prepared and disciplined to start my new chapter in life by attending CSU Northridge as a Political Science: Law and Society major."
Submit a Testimonial »