Cal-SOAP Tutor/Peer Advisers & Job Opportunities
Work for Cal-SOAP and earn $12 per hour!
Welcome! We are always looking for qualified college students interested in becoming
a Cal-SOAP tutor/peer advisor to mentor junior high and high school students. We encourage
you to review the qualifications below and submit an employment application packet.
The tutor/peer advisor will be responsible for tutoring and advising middle school
and high school students. Applicants must be knowledgeable in academic subjects as
English, Math, and Science and provide a transcript with good grades. Hours are flexible
to fit your school schedule.
- Must be currently enrolled in at least 6 college units
- 18 years old or older
- Maintain 2.70 cumulative GPA
- Must have transportation
- Able to work with a diverse population
- Hours: up to 19 hours/week
Application Packet includes the following:
- Allan Hancock College Employment Application PDF
- Current financial aid summary with cost of attendance – Found on your student portal
- Driver’s license/photo id
- Social Security card
- Permanent resident card (copy), if applicable
- Current class schedule
- Unofficial transcript
- Tutor Availability Sheet PDF
- FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR)
To print the SAR – Click “Start Here”- click “View Processed Information” in HTML
version - enter your pin number (This is the number that was created with your original
FAFSA application) – Print Page 1 only - Sample SAR document
All documents must be submitted to the Cal-SOAP office at:
Central Coast Cal-SOAP
Allan Hancock College
800 S. College Dr.
Santa Maria, CA 93454
Other Helpful Documents, if hired:
Top of Page
"The AHC credit ESL program made it possible for me to get a job! I came here not knowing any English and within two years, I learned English well enough to be placed into English 101 and become an ESL tutor and instructional assistant in the Writing Center. Most importantly, I learned 'que si, se puede' that 'yes, you can!'"
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College