How to Apply
AHC Bridges students present their research projects
Graduating High School Students and Continuing Allan Hancock College Students must fill out an Eligibility Form prior to applying and meet the following National Institutes of Health/Minority Opportunities
in Research eligibility and funding requirements:
- Plan to enroll at Allan Hancock College this upcoming fall semester as a full-time
student (min. 12 units)
- Intent to transfer to a four-year university and major in a biomedical or behavioral
science following completion of coursework at Allan Hancock College
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Member of a minority defined by the NIH as underrepresented in the biomedical and
behavioral sciences: African American, Hispanic American, Native American, or U.S.
Pacific Islander or students of any ethnicity with a documented disability with the
Learning Assistance Program (LAP), or financially disadvantaged (by federal definition
- FAFSA application required to verify).
- Minimum 2.7 GPA in science courses and a 2.7 cumulative GPA in high school courses
- Will meet with a counselor to file a Student Education Plan when enrolled at Allan
Please fill out an Eligibility Form
Fill out the Letter of Recommendation Form PDF
Top of Page
We're on Facebook!
Join the AHC Bridges to Baccalaureate Group on Facebook!
"Starting at Allan Hancock College I encountered several obstacles; one of them was the language barrier. My writing skill was terrible; but AHC gave me an opportunity to improve my English skills. My dream from the beginning was to transfer to a university. At AHC, I had a great experience with my instructors and the people I worked with. They were inspirational; they motivated me to never give-up but persevere in my education journey."
Submit a Testimonial »