Associated Student Body Representative
to the Board of Directors
The Associated Student Body (ASB) representative on the Allan Hancock College Foundation
Board of Directors is an ex officio Honorary Director and a non-voting member of the
Board. The Board of Directors of the Allan Hancock College Foundation establishes
goals and policies, insures that adequate resources are available to carry out its
policies, and monitors the achievement of its goals. Board Members are drawn from
the community and the campus constituency as stated in the by-laws. The ASB representative
will contribute to the board diversity and will possess these qualifications:
- The ASB representative is a current student and an esteemed member of the campus community.
The ASB president and the college board of trustees representative are not eligible
for nomination to hold this position.
- The representative cares about the role and future of the Allan Hancock College Foundation.
- The representative is willing to serve a full term and assist in the foundation's
Term of Office
A term is one year, renewable at the option of the ASB President, with final approval
from the Allan Hancock College Foundation Executive Committee.
- Attend board meetings regularly.
- Interpret the college and the foundation to the ASB and its constituency.
- Work on Allan Hancock College Foundation fundraising events and activities.
- Assist in recruiting student volunteers for foundation events.
The ASB representative will not be responsible for:
- Generating $1,000 or more each year for the foundation.
- Serving on ad hoc or oversight committees.
- Providing nominees for community representation on the board.
Top of Page
Make a donation