The Board of Directors of the Allan Hancock College Foundation establishes goals and
policies, insures that adequate resources are available to carry out its policies,
and monitors the achievement of its goals. Board members are drawn from the community.
They contribute to board diversity and possess these qualifications:
- Each is esteemed in the community.
- Each cares about the role and future of Allan Hancock College.
- Each is willing to serve a full term and to invest in the Foundation and its activities.
Term of Office
The first term is one year or less and is renewable to complete the full three year
term at the Foundation's annual meeting following the year of induction. Each additional
term is three years. Length of service may not exceed nine years.
Board members will:
- Formulate and approve goals consistent with the mission and needs of Allan Hancock
- Formulate and adopt foundation policies and procedures;
- Individually generate $1,000 or more in support of the foundation by one or more of
the following methods:
- make an annual personal cash or stock donation;
- arrange in-kind contributions of equipment or services as needed by the Allan Hancock
- establish a gift through a will, trust, insurance, or other planned gift;
- obtain cash contributions from individuals, groups, corporations, foundations, or
- Monitor the foundation's operation and management by serving on appropriate oversight
- Monitor the achievement of the foundation's goals and objectives;
- Protect the assets of the foundation;
- Interpret the college and the foundation to the community at large;
- Attend board meetings regularly, and chair/serve on foundation committees;
- Work on Allan Hancock College Foundation fundraising events and activities;
- Determine distribution of gifts received by the college foundation.
Top of Page
Make a donation