AHC only accepts official external transcripts.
Providing Transcripts to Allan Hancock College
Official transcripts are required to satisfy course prerequisites, Student Education
Plans, GE Certifications, Federal Financial Aid requirements, and degree and certificate
evaluations at Allan Hancock College. Transcripts submitted prior to 2010 were not
archived and will need to be resubmitted. Official (sealed) copies of transcripts
from colleges, universities and high schools attended should be submitted to the AHC
Admissions and Records office.
Transcripts should be submitted ahead of registration, in time for academic advising
and prerequisite clearance. Final official transcripts, showing all coursework and
grades received, must be received before GE certifications and degree and certificate
evaluations may be completed. Transcripts are evaluated based on the AACRAO guidelines
for regionally-accredited postsecondary institutions.
Transcripts submitted to Allan Hancock College become the property of Allan Hancock
College and will not be released to students, other colleges, or agencies. Plan to
request a personal copy from your former college or university if you need one for
Are high school transcripts required?
- High school transcripts are required of all College Now! participants
- Official high school transcripts are required if the student is utilizing HS geometry
to fulfill a math prerequisite
- Official high school transcripts are required if the student is utilizing foreign
language courses to fulfill a prerequisite Official high school transcripts are required
to utilize course work completed through an articulation agreement between specific
high schools and AHC
- In some instances, financial aid recipients are also required to submit official high
- AHC also accepts official junior high school transcripts for geometry to fulfill a
How long does it take to evaluate an official transcript?
- Official transcripts are processed in the order received
- During non-peak times, transcripts will be evaluated within 3 business days
- During peak times, transcripts will be evaluated within 10 business days
Official transcripts may be hand delivered to the admissions office, if in a sealed
envelope from the issuing institution.
Official transcripts may also be mailed to:
Allan Hancock College
Admissions & Records
800 S College Drive
Santa Maria CA 93454-6399
If your college or university sends transcripts electronically, they may be sent from
the issuing institution to: firstname.lastname@example.org
AHC does NOT accept electronic transcripts which are sent from the student.
Please contact the Admissions and Records office at 805-922-6966 ext. 3248 if you
need more information.
Top of Page
Administration of Justice Student
"I came to Allan Hancock College with no plan or goal. The friendly staff here helped me see all the opportunities that are available and helped me shape my goals. The administration of justice program inspired me to look at jobs I never thought I would find. My goal now is to transfer to a four-year university."
Read More »