Professional Development Committee
- Oversee and support all faculty professional development activities.
- Maintain and ensure faculty, instructional, and student improvement by helping to
plan, promote, approve, and evaluate all on and off-campus faculty professional development
- Solicit funding to support faculty attendance at professional conferences.
- Solicit and evaluate faculty requests for funding attendance at professional conferences.
- Annually prepare and deliver a report of accomplishments, challenges, and recommendations
for improvement to Academic Senate at its first meeting in May.
Click here to view functions, membership, length of membership, chair, meetings, agenda,
and minutes details. Approved by Academic Senate 02/25/2014.
Click here to view a listing and link to committee minutes.
Minutes from 2014 02 10
Jane E. Donnelly
Ana Gomez de Torres (co-chair)
Susan D Farley
Diane Auten (co-chair)
Policies & Procedures
Process for requesting professional development funds to attend a professional conference
Forms for requesting professional development funds to attend a professional conference
Top of Page
Cal Poly SLO, Aerospace Engineering
I excelled in math and science in school, so engineering was the right fit and I just had to figure out how to get it done. Throughout high school, I took courses at Allan Hancock College (AHC), and graduated as my high school valedictorian. I then attended AHC in search of a smooth transition to a university. I was able to take my lower division engineering courses and form a great relationship with my professors. While at AHC, I received multiple scholarships form the Allan Hancock Foundation, Santa Barbara Foundation, and MESA-NSF Scholarship. I then attended California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo, to pursue an aerospace engineering degree. After just one year at Cal Poly, I was accepted into one of the most prestigious internship programs that NASA offers, the Aeronautics Academy.
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College