The associate in arts degree in math is offered for those students desiring a major
in mathematics and recognition of their general education accomplishments.
The graduate of the AA program in mathematics will:
- Interpret and draw inferences from mathematical models such as formulas, graphs, tables
- Represent mathematical information symbolically, visually, numerically, verbally and
- Employ quantitative methods from arithmetic, algebra, geometry, or statistics to solve
- Utilize a variety of problem solving techniques and strategies to identify, analyze
and solve problems from arithmetic through calculus. (computer science)
- Estimate and check mathematical results for reasonableness.
- Create and analyze mathematical models of real world and/or theoretical situations,
including the implications and limitations of those models.
- Use appropriate technologies to analyze and solve mathematical problems and verify
the appropriateness and reasonableness of the solution(s). (computer science)
Santa Maria Campus, Bldg M
805-922-6966 ext. 3201
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed during June and July
Top of Page
"The class selection at Allan Hancock College is much larger than that of other community colleges. My teachers all seem to be very willing to help students succeed and develop their career goals. I intend to use my credits here to transfer to a four year university and pursue a degree in Agricultural Business."
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College