The associate in arts degree in math is offered for those students desiring a major
in mathematics and recognition of their general education accomplishments.
The graduate of the AA program in mathematics will:
- Interpret and draw inferences from mathematical models such as formulas, graphs, tables
- Represent mathematical information symbolically, visually, numerically, verbally and
- Employ quantitative methods from arithmetic, algebra, geometry, or statistics to solve
- Utilize a variety of problem solving techniques and strategies to identify, analyze
and solve problems from arithmetic through calculus. (computer science)
- Estimate and check mathematical results for reasonableness.
- Create and analyze mathematical models of real world and/or theoretical situations,
including the implications and limitations of those models.
- Use appropriate technologies to analyze and solve mathematical problems and verify
the appropriateness and reasonableness of the solution(s). (computer science)
Santa Maria Campus, Bldg M
805-922-6966 ext. 3201
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed during June and July
Top of Page
Fire Academy Student
"I chose the fire technology program at Allan Hancock because of what it can provide for me. It's giving me a step above the other academies and throughout the state. Graduates of this academy have gone on to be the chiefs and the captains that are going to be hiring us, so when we go in for interviews by being able to say that we graduated at this academy they know what we've experienced. Allan Hancock College has provided me with the physical and mental capabilities through the classroom training we do each day and the physical training we do each morning. This academy pushes you to your boundaries and then you begin to work on those weaknesses; your weaknesses then become your strengths so you're actually growing as a person. Allan Hancock has made a difference in my life it's really taught me who I am and where I want to be."
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College