The associate in arts degree in math is offered for those students desiring a major
in mathematics and recognition of their general education accomplishments.
The graduate of the AA program in mathematics will:
- Interpret and draw inferences from mathematical models such as formulas, graphs, tables
- Represent mathematical information symbolically, visually, numerically, verbally and
- Employ quantitative methods from arithmetic, algebra, geometry, or statistics to solve
- Utilize a variety of problem solving techniques and strategies to identify, analyze
and solve problems from arithmetic through calculus. (computer science)
- Estimate and check mathematical results for reasonableness.
- Create and analyze mathematical models of real world and/or theoretical situations,
including the implications and limitations of those models.
- Use appropriate technologies to analyze and solve mathematical problems and verify
the appropriateness and reasonableness of the solution(s). (computer science)
Santa Maria Campus, Bldg M
805-922-6966 ext. 3201
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed during June and July
Top of Page
"Allan Hancock College is giving me the opportunity to take the cosmetology courses I need to do hair and nails like I've always wanted. My classes are very hands-on and even when classes are full my instructors make time to be one-on-one with students. I think the instructors are attentive and it makes me want to get up and go to classes every day. I want to get my cosmetology license and my associate degree."
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College