The associate in arts degree in math is offered for those students desiring a major
in mathematics and recognition of their general education accomplishments.
The graduate of the AA program in mathematics will:
- Interpret and draw inferences from mathematical models such as formulas, graphs, tables
- Represent mathematical information symbolically, visually, numerically, verbally and
- Employ quantitative methods from arithmetic, algebra, geometry, or statistics to solve
- Utilize a variety of problem solving techniques and strategies to identify, analyze
and solve problems from arithmetic through calculus. (computer science)
- Estimate and check mathematical results for reasonableness.
- Create and analyze mathematical models of real world and/or theoretical situations,
including the implications and limitations of those models.
- Use appropriate technologies to analyze and solve mathematical problems and verify
the appropriateness and reasonableness of the solution(s). (computer science)
Santa Maria Campus, Bldg M
805-922-6966 ext. 3201
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed during June and July
Top of Page
"Allan Hancock College is the greatest thing that has happened to me. It has given me the opportunity to grow and learn valuable information from experienced teaching staff while staying at home saving money. I will transfer to a four-year college next spring."
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College