The associate degree in engineering provides lower-division coursework that can serve
as the basis for a bachelor's degree offered by a four-year college or university.
Students who intend
to transfer should check the lower-division requirements in the catalog of the college
or university to which they intend to transfer, create a Student Educational Plan
with an academic counselor, visit www.assist.org, and consult the engineering faculty.
The engineering program provides a general background suitable for a variety of engineering
fields including mechanical, civil, aerospace, electrical, computer and biomedical
The graduate of the AA program in engineering will:
- Apply fundamental concepts of mathematics (through calculus), science and engineering.
- Identify, formulate and solve basic engineering problems.
- Conduct experiments and analyze and interpret data.
- Make basic design decisions concerning appropriate-level engineering problems.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, using symbols, graphics and numbers.
- Recognize the need for, and an ability to engage in, lifelong learning.
- Function professionally and ethically as an individual and within diverse teams.
- Use techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary in engineering education
Santa Maria Campus, Bldg M
805-922-6933 ext. 3201
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed during summer months
Top of Page
Fire Academy Student
"I chose the fire technology program at Allan Hancock because of what it can provide for me. It's giving me a step above the other academies and throughout the state. Graduates of this academy have gone on to be the chiefs and the captains that are going to be hiring us, so when we go in for interviews by being able to say that we graduated at this academy they know what we've experienced. Allan Hancock College has provided me with the physical and mental capabilities through the classroom training we do each day and the physical training we do each morning. This academy pushes you to your boundaries and then you begin to work on those weaknesses; your weaknesses then become your strengths so you're actually growing as a person. Allan Hancock has made a difference in my life it's really taught me who I am and where I want to be."
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College