Final Pops Concert of the season
The Allan Hancock College Concert Band will present its final “Pops” concert of the
season on Saturday, May 11, at 7:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church in Santa Maria.
The concert we will feature clarinetist Del Gomes performing “The King of Swing,”
by Benny Goodman. Other numbers will include:
- “A Patriotic Salute” by James Hosay
- “In the Hall of the Mountain King” by E. Grieg/ Arr. Lloyd Conley
- “Rock Springs Saga” by William Owens
- “Overture to Candide” by L. Bernstein/ arr. Walter Beeler
- “Sol Y Sombra” by George Gates
- “Perpetuum Mobile” by Johann Strauss, Jr., arr. by Alfred Reed
- “Stevie Wonder in Concert,” arr. by Paul Murtha
- “The King of Swing” by Benny Goodman, arr. by Paul Murtha
- “The Lion King” by Elton John, arr. by John Higgins
Tickets are $10 each for general admission and $5 each for seniors and Allan Hancock
College staff, faculty and students. The church is located at 2970 Santa Maria Way.
For more information, contact the fine arts department at 922-6966 or toll free 1-866-DIAL
AHC (342-5242) ext. 3252.
Top of Page
Administration of Justice Student
"At Allan Hancock College, I save money and get outstanding education. The school is close to home , I like the campus, and the instructors know what they are teaching. I plan to go on to get a BA or Master's degree in psychology and then become a police officer and later on an FBI agent."
Read More »