The dance department offers training programs for both beginning and advanced students
in the areas of ballet, modern, and jazz. The emphasis is on technique, choreography,
and extensive performance opportunities.
The graduate of the AA or certificate program in dance will:
- Demonstrate proficiency in two of the following dance styles; modern, ballet, and
- Exhibit accomplished technique in tap and folkloric dance.
- Demonstrate competency through public performances.
- Develop and informed viewpoint of dance as an art form.
- Demonstrate choreographic skills including supervisory and effective communicative
Santa Maria Campus Bldg F
805-922-6933 ext. 3252
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed during summers
Top of Page
"I truly enjoyed all instructors in my Early Childhood Studies classes. My instructors have experience in the field and shared it with us to give us the real picture. The opportunity to do the lab hours at the school's childcare center was a bonus."
Read More »