The dance department offers training programs for both beginning and advanced students
in the areas of ballet, modern, and jazz. The emphasis is on technique, choreography,
and extensive performance opportunities.
The graduate of the AA or certificate program in dance will:
- Demonstrate proficiency in two of the following dance styles; modern, ballet, and
- Exhibit accomplished technique in tap and folkloric dance.
- Demonstrate competency through public performances.
- Develop and informed viewpoint of dance as an art form.
- Demonstrate choreographic skills including supervisory and effective communicative
Santa Maria Campus Bldg F
805-922-6933 ext. 3252
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed during summers
Top of Page
"I love interacting with my students and helping them discover their appreciation for architecture and design. I enjoy giving them an opportunity for hands-on learning in our new design studio classes where they imagine ways to use their visions to improve the community. I have been an instructor at Allan Hancock College for more than a decade and I am still amazed, almost daily, how much my students also teach me."
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College