The dance department offers training programs for both beginning and advanced students
in the areas of ballet, modern, and jazz. The emphasis is on technique, choreography,
and extensive performance opportunities.
The graduate of the AA or certificate program in dance will:
- Demonstrate proficiency in two of the following dance styles; modern, ballet, and
- Exhibit accomplished technique in tap and folkloric dance.
- Demonstrate competency through public performances.
- Develop and informed viewpoint of dance as an art form.
- Demonstrate choreographic skills including supervisory and effective communicative
Santa Maria Campus Bldg F
805-922-6933 ext. 3252
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed during summers
Top of Page
"The Culinology® program at Allan Hancock College has helped me learn more about my future work in dietetics, and the instructors in the program are extremely knowledgeable in their field and ready to help in whatever way they can. I've come to feel like I've found a niche and help to further my education at the university level. Allan Hancock College is doing an excellent thing in providing this much-needed program in a field that needs well-rounded graduates."
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College