The dance department offers training programs for both beginning and advanced students
in the areas of ballet, modern, and jazz. The emphasis is on technique, choreography,
and extensive performance opportunities.
The graduate of the AA or certificate program in dance will:
- Demonstrate proficiency in two of the following dance styles; modern, ballet, and
- Exhibit accomplished technique in tap and folkloric dance.
- Demonstrate competency through public performances.
- Develop and informed viewpoint of dance as an art form.
- Demonstrate choreographic skills including supervisory and effective communicative
Santa Maria Campus Bldg F
805-922-6933 ext. 3252
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed during summers
Top of Page
ER Physician, EMT Academy Graduate
"After I graduated from the program at Hancock, I knew all the basics and was able to hit the ground running in medical school. I had been in an ambulance before and experienced a taste for emergency medicine. The training I received from the experienced instructors helped create a hunger inside me to pursue my career path. My time at Hancock played a huge role in the achievement of my dream of becoming an emergency room doctor."
Read More »
I Chose Allan Hancock College